No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake
Updated: Feb 6
If there is ONE thing I know how to bake, it is this No Bake Cheesecake. Mom got me these super cute mini tart tins and they make anything look absolutely professional!
This recipe from Martha Stewart got me a total of 4 mini tarts + 1 medium tart, which I brought to various parties over the long weekend.
1 packet crushed Graham crackers (I bought this from Redmart)
2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/4 cups condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
11 tablespoon butter (1 3/8 sticks)
2 blocks cream cheese (I bought this from Redmart)
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 lemon rind, grated
Blueberry pie filling (I bought this from Redmart)
1 packet fresh blueberries
1. If your graham crackers are whole, put them in a ziplock bag and crush until fine.
2. In a bowl, add crumbs and stir in the sugar. Add the melted butter and stir until well combined.
3. Press the mixture into your pie tins. Make sure to press them evenly and flat. Set aside in fridge for at least 30 mins or until it hardens before pouring in the filling.
4. Using an electric mixer or your husband's strong armpower, beat the cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth.
5. Beat in the condensed milk, and add in lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract. Beat until everything is well combined. Be careful not to over beat or the cheesecake will be soft.
6. Pour the filling into the crust, even it out by tapping the sides of the tin. Cover with cling wrap and set aside in fridge until ready to eat.
7. Before serving, scoop in the blueberry filling. I normally only end up using half the tin as I do not like it too sweet.
8. Top off with fresh blueberries and grated lemon for added zing!
ALY'S COOKING TIPS
1. If you do not have an electric mixer, DO NOT FRET. Mix with a whisk until well combined. There will be some small lumps but it is nothing to worry about. I got my husband to mix it for me - he was pretty effective - however I lost approximately 10% of my cheesecake from his constant "tasting".
2. I added some lemon zest into the cheesecake itself for added freshness and to balance the sweetness. I also used salted butter but please use whatever is your preference. I like my desserts sweet, sour & salty!
3. This cheesecake can be eaten as is, without any fruit toppings. You can be creative with this. You can add a layer of strawberry jam, swirl in some nutella OR you can go full Martha Stewart and make your own topping from scratch. I cheated and used pre-made filling - NOBODY NEEDS TO KNOW