The Creamiest Scrambled Eggs
Updated: Feb 6
Scrambled eggs are king at the breakfast table, or at least at mine; and I like to cook it just far enough to allow for a creamy velvety texture. Add a sprinkle of spring onions, toss it on toast and you've got yourself the perfect morning fix - great for hangovers too!
Recipe serves 1. Prep time 2 minutes, total cook time 10 minutes.
2 large eggs
Knob of butter
1 teaspoon chopped spring onion
1 tablespoon milk
Salt to taste
1. Break the eggs directly into a small non-stick frying pan, and add butter, milk and salt to taste.
2. Place over a medium heat and stir in the eggs with a silicon spatula.
3. Once the eggs are well combined, let it sit for 10 seconds over medium heat.
4. If the eggs are setting too quickly, take off the heat and stir again.
5. Repeat this process until the eggs begin to set, stirring continuously to make sure the eggs are not entirely set and the texture is creamy.
6. Garnish with spring onion and serve warm.
ALY'S COOKING TIPS
1. Always use a silicon or wooden spoon or spatula when using a non-stick pan. Metals will spoil the pan. For this recipe, a silicon spatula works best to scoop up all that creamy goodness off the pan.
2. Take on and off the heat while stirring the eggs so as not to allow the eggs to completely set.