Cheesy Vegetable Scrambled Eggs
Updated: Feb 6
Eggs are considered one of nature's most complete foods, filled with protein while free of sugar and carbs. If you're trying to eat healthy, spice up your breakfast with this cheesy vegetable scrambled eggs - filled with crunchy veggies and full of flavor, this dish is ready in under 5 minutes!
This recipe serves 2 people. Prep time 2 minutes, cook time 3 minutes.
1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup cheese
1/4 cup garden peas, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 shallot, chopped
1 spring onion, chopped
1 sprig coriander, chopped
1 chili padi, chopped
1/2 teaspoon chili powder or chili flakes
1 teaspoon olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
1. In a medium bowl, crack eggs and add 1/4 cup cheese, chopped chili padi, spring onion, coriander, chili flakes and salt and pepper to taste.
2. In a pan over medium heat, add 1 teaspoon olive oil and fry the chopped garlic and onion until golden brown.
3. Add cherry tomatoes and chopped garden peas until half cooked.
4. Add egg mixture and let sit for a minute, slowly stirring in until cheese is runny and eggs are halfway cooked.
5. Take off the pan and serve warm over toasted bread or as is!
ALY'R COOKING TIPS
1. Thoroughly brown the garlic and ginger for a more intense flavor to the entire dish.
2. You can use whatever crunchy veggies you have in the fridge - chopped cabbage, broccoli or even thinly sliced celery works really well!
3. Recipe works just as well for an omelette, if you can flip it nicely :)
4. Let the eggs mixture sit for awhile so that some of the cheese becomes brown and crunchy.